We’re no experts.
When it comes to home and family, we’ve probably done as many things wrong as we’ve done right. Although we’ve written about DIY projects, home design, food, parenting, and living intentionally, we have no special credentials in any of those areas.
I mean, do we look like we know what we’re doing here?
Sometimes, the best teacher is the one who’s made the mistakes you want to avoid.
We might not be experts in any of the things we write about, but we do have some serious expertise. We know a lot about…
- Figuring things out as we go
- Taking a risk and seeing what happens
- Asking questions and finding answers
- Trusting the process to show us what we need to do next.
And we’re pretty good at documenting and sharing what we figure out, try, and discover.
Other than that, though, we can’t promise a whole lot of know-how.
We’ve got curious natures, a can-do spirit, and a high level of comfort with learning by trial-and-error. There are some DIY places we won’t go (pretty much anything electrical beyond switching out light fixtures, for one), but we probably go places many wouldn’t want to without a professional.
So: Please don’t do as we do unless you’re OK with possibly doing it wrong. And if you follow our lead and it goes down wonky, please don’t blame (or sue or harass) us. We’re just doing the best we can and sharing our story.
In case we haven’t been clear:
- What you see on this site is what works (and often what doesn’t) for us. We advise that you always take extra precautions and do your own research. If you get hurt (physically or financially) attempting something you’ve seen here, we’re not liable.
- We can be snarky and sarcastic, but it’s usually directed to us. Our intention is not to discredit, disgrace, or in any way dis- anyone else. Comments that do so will be removed.
- We reserve the right to remove, replace, or move any images or content without prior announcement. (The beauty of a blog is that it’s so easy to edit.)
- Any photos not credited to an outside source have been taken by This (sorta) Old Life and are rights protected. Failure to link back and credit our site as their source constitutes a copyright violation. We love it when you Pin or otherwise share a small portion of our work, but please don’t copy and paste a whole tutorial and call it your own. (Yeah, that’s been done. It’s not cool.)
- Duplicating any of our text (even if it’s credited to us) is not OK. This screws with our Google Rank and yours, so please don’t do it.
- We love your comments! But if it seems especially hurtful (to us or someone else) or spammy, we’ll delete it. We want this to be a positive forum for learning about how to do home.
- We don’t give, sell, or provide any contact information to outside companies.
Now that that’s out of the way, hope you’ll click back over to the fun stuff.
Because, for us, it’s (almost) all fun stuff.